Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good night, sweethearts.

I sing to-- and now with-- Gus and Jack all day long.  Including at night when they're nursing to sleep.  Here are two of their current favorite lullabies.

To the tune of ABCs:

Gus and Jack, I love you
And I know you love me, too.
You are my light, my love, my boys.
You bring me unending joy.
Gus and Jack, I love you.
And I know you love me, too.

To the tune of Jes.us Loves Me:

Mama loves you, this you know
for I always tell you so.
Precious ones in my heart belong
you are smart and you are strong.
Yes, Mama loves you.
Yes, Mama loves you.
Yes, Mama loves you
I always tell you so.

We then sing this one again and put in other names:  Daddy loves you, Nana loves you, etc.

Tonight Gus joined in.  It melted my heart.

Goodnight, my little loves.

I have no current pictures of them sleeping... must remember to fix that!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so incredibly sweet! I may have to come up with a similar Annabelle version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... I think I sang my little boy to sleep for two years until he (ahem) asked me not to. It got a little tedious at times but now I miss it. Tonight he asked me for a lullaby though and my heart melted all over the place.

    ReplyDelete