Monday, January 3, 2011

Bring back The Leaky B@@b!!



There was a Facebook page called The Leaky B@@b.  It was a "pub" where mamas could gather to share information, ask questions, and find the support they so desperately needed but were unable to find elsewhere.  


I went there every day. 

I first found TLB in August, while I was literally nursing around the clock.  I would settle in with Gus and Jack on the nursing pillow, open the laptop, and find other nursing mamas, even if it was 3am.  My eyes were bleary, and I was typing one-handed, but it felt so good to be able to ask questions, or post a picture of my boys nursing... and get a positive response.  

It was also the most positive nursing community I could find.  Unlike the others that were militant or derisive, The Leaky B@@b was refreshing with its humor and message of inclusion and education.

The founder, Jessica, even helped me personally, messaging me and pointing me in the direction of valuable resources I needed.

Last night, someone at Facebook deleted The Leaky B@@b. 

I am, quite frankly, heartbroken.  

I could go on a rant right now about how Facebook is anti-woman, or about how breastfeeding is NOT obscene.  But I don't have the energy.  So, instead, I will pass on the information I have, in the hopes it will get distributed far and wide and loud.  Please visit Bring Back the Leaky Boob or TLB Support on Facebook to get more information and connect with the rapidly rebuilding community.  Or, check out the discussion on Mark Zukerburg's page to add your voice.  

And finally, please visit The Leaky B@@b's blog to share some love with a mama who supports others in the most incredible fashion.  I'm sure she'd like to hear from you. 

1 comment:

  1. I could go on that same rant, but I suppose I'll leave it for another day ;)

    Thanks for sharing this information!

    ReplyDelete